Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Authenticity at Home.


Who are you? - * Feminine * Global * Collected * I pulled this gorgeous board together a while ago, I was thinking of a woman who loves travel, has a bit of gypsy spirit in her soul and the types of things she may have collected on her travels. Working with this woman would lead me to dive deeper into who she is - the things that are important to her, the music she listens to, the art she's attracted to. I'd want to see her favorite outfit, and her favorite pair of shoes. All of these things help me to know my clients better, to know what makes them who they really are. Authenticity at home, and in life.

Doing design work on a deeper level has been on my mind and in my heart for several years. I convinced myself that I was done with interior design, that I had lost my passion for it. The truth is, I haven't...it's something that's in my make up, it's part of who I am. I have no interest in cookie cutter design, or rooms that feel like they stepped off a furniture showroom floor. I love a good mix, unexpected elements, old and new, sass a frass (my way of saying sassy), a little quirkiness. I believe that a room or hopefully a whole home should reflect the people that live within it. Even deeper than that... it should speak to your soul, move you in ways that can't be explained (like music, poetry and art), bring you joy, add a layer to your life that you didn't even know you were missing, and bring you a sense of peace and contentment. I have a desire to make good design accessible, to empower people to live gorgeously, and share it in ways that are doable, and that anyone on any budget can achieve. If you're interested in working with me to create a space (or spaces) that rock your world, you can head up to my sacred space tab and have a look at my services. Let's make magic together!

No comments:

Post a Comment